Role: Fibre Planner
Location: UK (Preferably south but not essential)
Salary: £45,000 Plus Benefits
Mostly remote work with the rare occasion on site. (Mileage and expenses covered)
Our client has recently deployed a new gigabit-capable Fibre-to-the-Premises (FTTP) broadband network across the UK. To give an overview, the client are building new FTTP networks in Austria, Germany and the UK and it’s very much a client and contractor partner style delivery environment. This is your chance to come in and join an ever growing company that is making waves throughout major parts of the fibre world. Not every day you get the chance to work on the client side and potentially get to put your name in the ground.
Our client is building and deploying the network from scratch but working on the client side, this is a well-funded operation and the network will be optimized towards SME customers, residential and public sector. The majority of the planning has been outsourced and the client is looking to bring somebody in that will be the SME when it comes to the design and deployment of a fibre access network. Our client needs the blend of technical background experience alongside the ability to amend designs and support the planning partners.
We are looking to recruit someone with the proven FTTP design track record who has that ability to evolve and wants to be more than just a planner / designer for the rest of their days and also strictly doesn’t simply want to become a planning manager. Somebody who thinks outside of the box and has the ambition to push themselves to the top. Somebody who is determined to make a name for themselves in the fibre world.
These are some key areas our client will be looking at:
- A good understanding of QGIS is essential (ArcGIS would be an advantage)
- Have the ability to create HLDs and planning opportunities whilst identifying build problems before they arise.
- While not conducting LLDs the successful applicant must be able to approve, peer review and quality check design outputs to assure best practice, design rules and commercial rules are adhered to.
- Desirable to have good working knowledge of industry systems and applications with a view to inputting into the company systems road map
- Highly experienced in scoping / re-scoping projects and time management.
- Ability to design and implement effective workflow and reporting procedures.
- Undertake statistical analysis of key design data.
- Monitor new solutions and technologies to identify potential beneficial solutions.
With this in mind, we looking to recruit someone with the proven FTTP design track record who has that ability to evolve and wants to be more than a planner / designer for the rest of their days and also strictly doesn’t simply want to become a planning manager
The Next Steps
If this sounds like you, or you would like to find out more about this opportunity then you have three options
- Call Roy at CRG TEC to find out more. We are really open about the role and opportunity and challenges, so if you need to find out more before committing. No problem
- Contact Roy via LinkedIn, drop him a private message and he will get back to you
- If you are happy with what you have read so far, then send a copy of your CV to this advert and Roy will give you a call to discuss further or at least get back to you if you don’t quite hit the mark.
If at that point we are both happy to proceed, then we will work together with you and support you throughout your application and interview.
Look forward to speaking with you!