Field Operations Manager – Telecoms
Package:£50 – £60,000 base with car or allowance & benefits
This is a great opportunity to work for a new telecoms company that is building a FTTX / Fibre Network on a national basis with the first programme area being Essex.
We’re looking for a field operations manager who is going to take charge (Initially on a regional basis) for all of the field installation services, so from the street to customer premises and this will be both overhead and underground. The work is going to be business & residential and as regional manager, you’ll play a key part in what a top class customer visit looks like and will be responsible for building the initial team of in-house field engineers but the key prospect with this position is that it will likely move quite quickly into a national head of installations role.
Early days for the company and for the right manager, this equals opportunity and a real chance to influence and determine how the model will be. The company are scaling and recruiting and we’ve been bringing in some well-known faces from around the telecoms industry and there is going to be significant growth through 2021 and beyond.
* Management of a quality installation and fault repair service across the designated area, ensuring that the field engineers are delivering an excellent customer experience within agreed SLAs and performance standards.
* Promotion of a quality approach to installations and fault repair through effective team management.
* Carrying out the required volume and spread of quality audits. Early days, you’ll likely to get involved in all aspects of install management and QA so we need someone who can manage with authority and knows how a good field operations and install function should be ran as you’ll write the book on how this will be.
* Delivery of operational performance in line with agreed SLA/KPI’s – this isn’t going to be KPI for the sake of it though and your main focus should be quality.
* Effective relationship management with other functions within the region and in the wider business, such as planning, network construction and project delivery. Builds and maintains close working relationships to manage customer-affecting issues to resolution and ensure consistency in the customer experience.
* Ensuring all engineers demonstrate compliance with Health & Safety management standards at all times, identifying and ensuring the delivery where appropriate of any training required for Health & Safety and Environment and NRSWA.
* Demonstration of an understanding of workload forecasts to ensure best use of available colleagues to meet anticipated workload
* Management of the operation within budget guidelines and contribution to the budget forecast process
Who are you?
We’re looking for an experienced telecoms manager with that proven track record of running a region of multiple appointment customer installs within a NRSWA regulated environment. It’s FTTP and majority of work will be via overhead and underground PIA so that PIA exposure is going to be needed, alongside with different ways of delivering full fibre on the final part of the connection journey.
Coaching and developing will be one of your key areas and the ability to measure customer success and of course, a full driving licence required along with the ability to pass through DBS level background clearance.
This is a permanent position working directly for the client and all things being well, could quickly progress in a role that carries national level responsibility as the future for the company is looking bright, with significant investment and further projects in the pipeline around the rest of the UK. Focus for now is Essex and the South East.
Role will come with a company truck (Ford Ranger or L200 equivalent plus petrol card) or a £5,000 car allowance. In addition, there is a 10% KPI driven bonus and private healthcare.