The Role – Head of Engineering (FTTP)
Location – UK – Work from Home with assumed travel (Manchester, London, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol)
Salary to £100,000 with benefits.
We’re looking for a known figure around the engineering side of telecoms networks to join this rapid growth business as they further develop their own FTTP networks across the UK.
We believe it is the perfect time to join the business in that they are live with customers, well funded but still have a huge amount to do, meaning the stability is there but also the chance to influence in how this will work.
This is a client side role, so you’ll add to the existing team and reporting to the COO, will be at the top of the business when it comes to technical strategy for the passive FTTP network in the UK alongside taking responsibility for some of the support services aspect of the business, such as logistics, service delivery and field engineering.
It’s a senior leadership role that will own the technology engineering function and works alongside the head of delivery (HOD delivery owns build and civils). It’s quite a hybrid position but certainly calls for a technical background when it comes to what the full fibre networks should look like, so that high level technical knowledge within FTTP is going to be essential.
Definitely a strong people manager and also someone who is going to be very commercially savvy when it comes to what goes into the network from this point forward
* Previous senior level engineering experience with a real insight into what a full fibre network should look like by way of technical knowledge – the design manager reports into this role so the knowledge is inside the business by way of a strong planning team but you’ll need to own ultimate responsibility for the what / where of the network in the UK. *Perhaps a likely background might be high level design or architecture background previously before moving into a more all round national level management role.
* Strong internal stakeholder manager – a straight talker
* Excellent relationship building skills, with 3rd party authorities.
* People management across technical and non-technical staff
* Up to date knowledge by way of advancements in FTTP technology and the ability to then devise strategy but executive delivery when it comes to the shape of the network.
The company have a range of build programmes across the UK but we are flexible on location, so formally you would work from home and then be mobile as and when needed. Our ceiling is £100,000 with the normal assumed / additional benefits including private health, pension and a KPI driven bonus.