Job Title: Head of Network and Engineering
Location: Manchester but flexible to work from home / remotely.
Salary: Up To £80,000, Pension, Private Health Care
This is your chance to a well-established connectivity business, who are going through a period of change and are being driven by a number of new appointments to the board.
That means by way of change, strategy and growth, it should be interesting times and while the technical inside the business is solid, it’s resulted in the opportunity to recruit a new Head of Networks and Engineering.
We are thinking this is a great chance for a core network design lead to make that step up into a HOD role, and the company are fully on board with that as well.
Specifically, you’ll own the maintenance and evolution of the core network but also the 2nd and 3rd line functions of the NOC.
The company focus on business internet connectivity and their audience tends to be the SME market. They are well funded, have ambitious growth plans and as mentioned, have recruited some well-known, and well thought of senior telecoms knowledge to the board.
We are open minded on location, and can consider applicants from anywhere in the UK as business travel into the Manchester HQ will only be occasional.
You will come in as the Head of Networking & Engineering to manage a small team of core and customer facing network engineers who will support the internal core network and external customers via the 24/7 NOC. You will provide both technical and people leadership, taking full responsibility for what they deliver and the delivery of the overall strategy so it’s a hybrid role between high end technical network knowledge, and leadership – but will still be hands on as SME for network engineering, making key design and evolution / innovation decisions.
Who are you?
A key point is going to be someone who fits into the culture of the business. They are not the finished article and are going through some change management, but in a positive way so this isn’t a role for someone who simply wants to keep their head down and be purely technical, it’s someone who blends that technical know-how and having finger on the pulse by way of automation etc. but can also interface with the rest of the business and the customer base by way of what is the best solution?
Preferably an individual who has a curious mind, can take in market developments and utilise these changes into development opportunities. The right person would preferably have;
- Technical experience within an ISP environment
- Expert level knowledge of network protocols and application functions including BGP, OSPF, MPLS, L2VPN, 802.1Q tunnelling, L3VPNs and traffic-engineering.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience in carrier grade network and security infrastructure such as Juniper MX, EX, and QFX series devices, Cisco ASR’s & BNG, Nokia SR & SAS series routers/switches, Data centres optical transport including DWDM and Fortinet firewalls.
- Knowledge of RIPE NCC LIR operations covering adding/modifying database, reverse DNS delegation and route objects.
If this sounds like you, or you would like to find out more about this opportunity then you have three options
- Call Roy Heasley at CRG TEC to find out more. We are really open about the role and opportunity and challenges, so if you need to find out more before committing. No problem
- Contact Roy Heasley via LinkedIn, drop him a private message and he will get back to you
- If you are happy with what you have read so far, then send a copy of your CV to this advert and Roy will give you a call to discuss further or at least get back to you if you don’t quite hit the mark.
If at that point we are both happy to proceed, then we will work together with you and support you throughout your application and interview.
Look forward to speaking with you!