The Role – Head of FTTP Operations
Location – UK – Work from Home with assumed travel (London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol)
Salary to £100,000 with benefits.
We’re looking for a known figure around the operational side of telecoms network build /FTTP industry to join this rapid growth business as they further developer their own FTTP networks across the UK.
We believe it is the perfect time to join the business in that they are live with customers, well funded but still have a huge amount to do, meaning the stability is there but also the chance to influence in how this will work.
This is a client side role, so you’ll add to the existing team and reporting to the COO, will own the design of the full fibre network alongside procurement, community engagement, wayleaves, service delivery and field engineering / installations – the shared services side of the business that supports the build.
It’s an operational support role that sits alongside the head of delivery (HOD delivery owns build and civils) and this position is going to call for a technical background when it comes to what the full fibre networks should look like, so that high level technical knowledge within FTTP is going to be essential.
Definitely a strong people manager and also someone who is going to be very commercially savvy when it comes to what goes into the network from this point forward
* Previous senior level operational experience and a real insight into what a full fibre network should look like by way of technical knowledge – the design manager reports into this role so the knowledge is inside the business by way of a strong planning team but you’ll need to own ultimate responsibility for the what / where of the network in the UK. Perhaps a likely background might be high level design or architecture background previously before moving into national level operational management.
* Strong internal stakeholder manager – a straight talker
* Familiarity with Streetworks Regulation and Codes of Practice in particular NRSWA and associated Permitting processes
* Contracting Strategy including use of NEC Framework Agreements
* Excellent relationship building skills, with 3rd party authorities.
* People management across technical and non-technical staff
Logistics / terms:
They have a range of build programmes across the UK but we are flexible on location, so formally you would work from home and then be mobile as and when needed. Our ceiling is £100,000 with the normal assumed / additional benefits including private health, pension and a KPI driven bonus.