Network Planning and FTTP Design Lead
Location: Anywhere in UK – work from home
Package in the region of £75,000 plus benefits such as private health
This is a really interesting opportunity that offers a client side position for a builder of full fibre networks across the UK. Flexible working is in place so we can make any UK location work for the role.
It’s a varied position that will set the direction that the fibre design team will follow and you’ll also be final point of technical clarity as to the evolution of the FTTP networks. Team is 5 strong at the moment but this will double to 10 through the course of 2022 due to the continued growth of the programme areas across the UK, plus the expansion of the fibre network to connect with 5g sites, next generation street furniture and local authority buildings.
To give an overview, the company are building FTTX networks across the UK and it’s very much a client and contractor partner style delivery environment. The planning function uses some 3rd party resource but we are looking to recruit someone that will own and manage those 3rd party relationships for HLD and LLD and make sure the quality is of the required standards, so you will be the SME when it comes to the design and deployment of a fibre access network. On that basis, we need the blend of technical background alongside the 3rd party contract management responsibility and the in-house leadership.
The network is being built and deployed from scratch but working on the client side, this is a well funded new entrant to the market and the network will be geared towards SME customers, residential and public sector.
Most job specifications will talk about opportunity but this one is highly likely to become a more senior position with European aspirations and we thinking for now, it’s someone with the proven FTTP design track record who has that ability to evolve and contribute to the expansion plans across both the UK and Europe.
Position reports to the chief delivery officer.
To give an outline, these would be our key areas:
* Must have a very detailed understanding of FTTP methodologies, products, architecture and design principles
* Thorough understanding of NRSWA, noticing, permitting and traffic management
* Must be able to approve, peer review and quality check design outputs to assure best practice, design rules and commercial rules are adhered to
* Comfortable driving overseas design resource and ensuring design production timelines are met
* Desirable to have good working knowledge of industry systems and applications with a view to inputting into the company systems road map
* Skilled in developing robust metrics and control plans to monitor and track benefit realisation and process efficiency during implementation phases.
* Highly experienced in scoping / re-scoping projects and managing resources, activities and time.
* Ability to design and implement effective workflow and reporting procedures
* First-rate stakeholder and supplier management skills with the ability to communicate well with partners and management.
* Working with the C-Level to set direction for all design activity.
A lot of the role will come down to who you are and want you want to do, but we are coming at this with an open mind so if you have a story to tell by way of senior FTTX design UK and ideally have that management background of 3rd party planning resource then let’s have a conversation.