Salary: £45,000 plus benefits
Location: Chester or Shrewsbury
This is your chance to join one of the leading next generation network providers. Our client works with numerous sectors to deliver gigabit capable connectivity. In today’s generation 99% of people in the world have one thing in common, the need for reliable high speed internet connections or data networks. You can be a part of something that will revolutionize high speed internet and data networks in the coming years.
As systems administrator, this is a real chance to come into this role and make it your own, so if you’ve been shackled by the scale of larger teams, this is a more visible opportunity to show what you can do in a role. You wouldn’t be part of a large system admin team, but you will be surrounded by network SME’s so plenty of knowledge in the business but for systems administration, you’ll not only have the opportunity to stand out but also to possibly take a leading role on new projects.
Coming into this role could be your gateway into the fast paced world of ultra-fast telecoms connectivity solutions within a flexible working environment
We are looking for a UNIX / LINUX System Administrator to join our Clients team based in Chester or Shrewsbury.
Your role will be;
- Basic Programming/Coding of Network tools and Systems
- Maintaining the company VM platform (based on Proxmox)
- Evaluate new technologies and platforms to determine their applicability to solving our Customers business challenges and needs.
- Technical implementation of design solutions where required.
- Maintaining Network Servers.
You will be successful in this role if you have some of the following;
- UNIX/LINUX systems administrator experience
- Scripting knowledge/experience – Python or PHP
- Sufficient knowledge of Databases: MySQL/SQL
If this sounds like you, or you would like to find out more about this opportunity then you have three options
- Call Roy Heasley at CRG TEC to find out more. We are really open about the role and opportunity and challenges, so if you need to find out more before committing. No problem
- Contact Roy Heasley via LinkedIn, drop him a private message and he will get back to you
- If you are happy with what you have read so far, then send a copy of your CV to this advert and Roy will give you a call to discuss further or at least get back to you if you don’t quite hit the mark.
If at that point we are both happy to proceed, then we will work together with you and support you throughout your application and interview.
Look forward to speaking with you!